COLLEGE INFRASTRUCTURE, RESOURCES AND FACILITIES
1. College Hostel-Boys’ :- There is a hostel for boys which can accommodate 60 boys. Students admitted to the hostel are to mandatorily abide be JDSG College hostel Rules. Seat rent is charged for 12 months. Hostel remains closed during summer vacation.
2. College Hostel-Girls’ :- The girls hostel can accommodate 30 boarders. Students admitted to the hostel are to mandatorily abide be JDSG College hostel Rules. Seat rent is charged for 12 months. Hostel remains closed during summer vacation.
3. College Canteen :- The college canteen provides refreshment to students at a subsidized rate which is located within the college premises.
4. Library Facilities :- The college has good learning resources for the students and the faculty members in terms of variety and range of collections. The library is equipped with internet, reprography and book-bank facilities. A good number of journals and newspapers are subscribed to regularly. There is also a Network Resource Centre in the library.
5. Laboratory in the Education Department :- The Department of Education of the college has a glorious track record of achievements in the Dibrugarh University BA Education Major Results. The laboratory in the department is equipped with a number of practical equipment and learning resources. Students both the Pass Course and Major can avail of this laboratory.
6. Video-Conferencing Hall :- A state of art video cum conferencing hall has been constructed recently with funds from RUSA, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. There is another Digital classroom in the college where students can avail of ICT enabled learning and interaction.
7. Departmental Library Book Bank :- Some departments have their own libraries and book bank facility which faculty members have initiated at their own costs. This facility is for the benefit of the major students.
8. Kaziranga Study Centre :- There is a Centre for studies in various aspects of the Kaziranga National Park. The Centre is proposed to be a repository of all relevant data relating to the Park known world-life for its in-situ wildlife conservation. It is heartening that since its inception, the Centre has been implementing various programmes with a focus on environmental awareness, wild-life conservation, bio-diversity conservation, arranging awareness among the neighbouring people about poaching, etc. Students can engage themselves meaningfully in the programmes organized by the Centre.
9. Cultural Study Centre :- In order to study, promote and document the local art, culture, etc. a Cultural Study Centre has been set up in the college. The Centre will, inter alia, organize workshops, programmes, etc on various forms of performing art as well as on various other aspects of local art and culture. The feeding area of the college has a good number of ethnic tribes and communities like the Tea-Tribes, Kabis, Mishings, Manipuri, etc, with their own unique forms of art and culture. The Centre proposes to acquaint the learners and other interested people about these cultural aspects and also proposes to create a documental repository of such art and cultural forms.
10. Co-curricular activities :- The college has a good name in co-curricular activities, particularly in games and sports. There is good sports infrastructure and equipment in the college including those of football ground, volleyball court, a six lane running track, a gymnasium, cone rate throwing circle, Dunlop mat for high jump, jumping pit, badminton court, TT Board, etc. The interested and budding talents are looked after by dedicated teachers who have reputation in sports, culture and literature in the locality. Among other sports events the Department of Commerce organizes an annual sports event “Prof. (Late) MC Phukan Memorial Inter-College Prize Money Half Marathan Competition” in association with the College Family on 2nd February every year.