Committee : There is a student wardship cell in the college headed by Prof.
Manashi Phukan, the vice Principal of the college.
2. Continuous evaluation: Students are continuously evaluated through sessional
examinations, group discussions, project works, classroom quizzes, debating sessions, etc. They are encouraged to progress through the mentoring system where each faculty member participates.
3. Student Aid Fund : Financially weak students are provided aid from this fund.
Applicants are selected on the basis of merit and genuineness of their financial status. The student welfare committee has the final authority in the selection of students for this financial aid.
4. Scholarship - There is scholarship facility for eligible students. The Following
scholarships are available for the eligible students- A. National Merit Scholarship B. Scholarship or the SC/ST, OBC, MOBC students C. Special Financial Assistance to selected Tea Garden Students. Students can also look for other scholarships from other sources like the UGC which has launched a scheme of awarding scholarship to eligible NE Indian students pursuing higher education in universities and colleges under the name ‘ISHAN UDAY’.
In addition to these the college has the provision of the following initiatives for the deserving students:
1. Cash Prize of Rs. 5000/- and a certificate of merit to students of the college who secure
a position among the first ten (both for Arts and Commerce Stream) in the HS Final
examination conducted by the AHSEC.
2. Cash prize of Rs. 2000/- to the students of this college who secure highest marks in any
subject in the HS Final examination (Arts and Commerce)
3. Free studentship to students securing a position among the first ten successful candidates
in the HSLC examination.
4. There is provision for free admission and book grant to meritorious students of the
commerce stream from the Commerce Aid Fund.
Awards from RI More Trust:
a) Rameshwarlal More Memorial Cash Prize Rs. 2100.00 to the students of the college
who secures highest marks in the H.S. Final Examination in Commerce stream (Minimum
75% in the AHSEC Examination.
b) Indramani More Memorial Cash Prize of Rs. 2100.00 to the students of the college
who secures highest marks in the H.S. Final Examination in Arts Stream (Minimum
c) Dimbeswar Saikia Memorial Cash prize of Rs. 2100.00 to the students of the college
who secure highest marks in English Major in B.A. Examination.(with a minimum of first
Gunindra Das & Niroda Das Memorial Awards:
These two awards are for those students who secure the highest marks in English and
Assamese respectively in the HS final examination from the college with a minimum of 80%
marks. The awards carry a Cash Prize of Rs. 2100/- each and Certificates of Merit.